Those who are experiencing pain in the elbow may find themselves unable to perform as well in their jobs or their recreational activities. If elbow pain is preventing you from a satisfying quality of life, Mattalino offers platelet rich plasma (PRP) as one of the most natural solutions to treat injuries in the elbow as well as other parts of the body.
Mattalino Orthopaedics is led by Dr. Mattalino, a renowned orthopedic surgeon who strives to improve the wellness of all of his patients. Dr. Mattalino and his expert orthopedic staff welcome patients from all areas. Contact us today to schedule your consultation appointment and find out how we can restore a healthier and improved quality of living!
What is PRP therapy?
PRP therapy is an all natural solution that is withdrawn from a sample of the patient’s blood. It contains natural regenerative properties that can help repair injured joints and other issues, alleviating pain and speeding up the healing process.
What can PRP therapy treat?
PRP may be able to improve your quality of daily life if you are experiencing:
- Injuries in the elbow, hip or spine
- A torn rotator cuff in the shoulder
- Meniscus tears in the knee
- Plantar fasciitis in the feet
- And other injuries and conditions
How is PRP created?
At the start of your treatment, a blood sample will be withdraw and spun in a centrifuge for several minutes. As the sample is spinning, the red and white blood cells, the platelets, and the plasma all begin to separate. The platelets become concentrated and bond with some of the blood plasma, resulting in the creation of PRP.
What can I expect after an injection with PRP?
Once the PRP solution has been administered into the treatment area, your immune system is quick to react. White blood cells process the damaged cells and help prepare the injured site for repair. Over time, cells will begin to multiply, restoring and reconstructing the injured tissue.
What are some benefits of PRP therapy?
- PRP can relieve pain associated with elbow injuries as well as many other conditions
- PRP is an all natural solution created from the patient’s own blood
- There is no risk of contracting disease since the patient’s own blood is the basis for this procedure
- The PRP procedure is quicker than other procedures
- Treatment with PRP does not require any downtime for recovery
If an elbow injury or other injury is causing you pain and discomfort on a regular basis, contact us today and schedule your consultation appointment to find out if PRP therapy may improve your quality of living.