Our office is open from 8:30AM until 5:00PM Monday through Thursday, 8:30AM until 12:00PM Friday.
Dr. Mattalino accepts most, if not all private health insurance. Please call our office to discuss your insurance options with our staff.
Dr. Mattalino has opted out of Medicare participation, however he continues to evaluate and treat many Medicare patients that have agreed to pay for his services directly. Although Dr. Mattalino’s services are not covered, the Medicare participating facilities associated with your care will be, such as MRI, Physical Therapy and Surgery Center fees.
We welcome patients from all areas. Appointment requests can be made by calling our offices.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us as far in advance as possible so we may use that time to see another patient in need of care. We make a sincere effort to adhere to our appointment schedule and appreciate your patience if we are late due to emergencies, surgery or spending extra time with a patient that may require more time.
There is a $25 No Show Fee.
FEES & PAYMENTS
We accept cash, checks, MasterCard and Visa for your convenience. There will be a $25 charge for any returned checks.
We make every effort to decrease the cost of your medical care. Therefore, we request payment at time of service unless prior arrangements have been made. Payments for surgery must be made prior to your surgery date, as we do not accept payment at the time of your procedure at the hospital. We will also collect any outstanding balance at the time of service. We request that full payment of the balance be made.
We will also provide you with insurance claims or will send in the claims for you if we are not a participating provider with your insurance company. With insurance plans that require a referral, it is the responsibility of the patient to obtain this referral. We will help in any way we can to assist you in handling your insurance claims. If your insurance claim is denied, you will be billed for the services rendered. Payment is the patient’s responsibility.
PRESCRIPTIONS* & RENEWALS
Current patients can request prescription refills by calling our office at (480) 763-5950. Please note that all refill requests take 48-72 hours to process within receipt on regular business days.
Please request all prescriptions and authorizations for renewals during our normal office business hours, when our full records are available. Renewals requested at other times will be filled only for extreme or emergent circumstances.
*Some prescriptions cannot be called in to your pharmacy. If this is the situation with your medication, you will be notified by phone that you need to come by the office to pick up a paper prescription.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES POLICY & PROCEDURE
The HIPAA Privacy Rule gives an individual a right to adequate notice of the uses and disclosures of protected health information (PHI) that may be made by this office, and of the individual’s rights and the office’s legal duties with respect to PHI.
Click here to download our full Notice of Privacy Practices.
Procedure for Content of Notice of Privacy Practices
• The Notice will be in plain language and inform the individual of the uses and disclosures of PHI that this office may make, and of the individual’s rights and the office’s legal duties with respect to their PHI as required by the HIPAA Privacy Rule and contained in our office Notice, which is incorporated into this procedure.
• The Notice will contain the mandatory elements required by the HIPAA Privacy Rule
• The Notice will contain the following optional elements for certain uses and disclosures:
The office may contact the individual to provide appointment reminders for information about treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to the individual.
• The Notice will reserve the right to change its policy and procedures, and the office will make the Notice available on request to individuals whenever there is a material change to it.
Procedure for Providing Notice
• The Notice will be posted in a clear and prominent place in the office where individuals seeking service will be able to read it.
• This office will make available on or before the first date of service after April 14, 2003 to each patient of prospective patient its “Notice of Privacy Practices”
• The office person(s) responsible for obtaining the signed acknowledgement or documentation of good faith efforts to obtain it is; Tonya Gibbs, Compliance Officer.
• All current or new patients after April 14, 2003 will be requested to sign a written acknowledgment of Receipt of Privacy Notice, which will be maintained in their medical record.
• For patients or their representatives who either refuse or are unable to sign the acknowledgement, the appropriate staff person will prepare a documentation of good faith efforts to obtain acknowledgement of Receipt of Privacy Notice, reflecting why patient or representative did not sign, which will be maintained in their medical record.
• For those patients who cannot sign due to emergency condition, the responsible person for follow up is Tonya Gibbs, Compliance Officer.
Procedure on Documentation
• This office will keep samples of its Notice of Privacy Practices for 6 years.
• This office will maintain in the individual’s medical record all acknowledgments and/or documentation of good faith efforts to obtain acknowledgement.
Procedure for Revising Notice
• This office will, as necessary and at least annually, review its Notice of Privacy Practices and related policy and procedures for possible revision.