PRP or Platelet-Rich Plasma treatment involves the treatment of injuries with natural proteins and additional growth factors that help promote healing, encourage the growth of cells and improve blood clotting. Often used by athletes, this is a concentrated substance derived from your own blood. PRP injection treatment is administered by experts such as the professionals at Angelo Mattalino, MD in Phoenix, AZ.
When you have PRP treatment, the idea is to help with the formation of new fibers and blood vessels. This can then help with the repair, strengthening, and restoration of joints or tissue that have become damaged.
Some of the Problems That PRP Treatment Can Help With
Having a PRP injection treatment can help with a variety of different problems, and its use is becoming all the more popular because of this versatility. Some of the issues that can be addressed with PRP injection treatment include:
- Torn ligaments and sprains
- Sports-related injuries
- Tendon injuries
- Injuries sustained when running
- Herniated and bulging discs
- Nerve pain from sciatica
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and many other hand injuries
- Problems with motion and flexibility
- Issues with maintaining balance
- Knee, shoulder, neck, and back pain
- Sacroiliac joint problems
As you can see, the list of problems that a PRP session can address is varied and comprehensive. The treatment you receive is typically delivered as a course over a specified period of time. This depends on the type and severity of the injury but can be between one and six months. When you see our expert about having a PRP injection to treat one of the above problems, an assessment can be carried out. You will then have a much better idea of how long you will need to have PRP treatment for, as well as what to expect.
What are the Benefits?
There are many benefits that come from having PRP injection treatment. Some of the key ones include:
- The treatment of chronic pain or injury that has not responded to other treatment
- A reduction in the symptoms of tendonitis
- A decrease in the symptoms of arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Helping sport and activity injuries to heal more quickly
- Reducing pain in areas such as the neck and back
Who is a Suitable Candidate?
If you are experiencing any of the issues outlined above, you may be a suitable candidate for this treatment. In order to determine whether you are, it is important to see our experts at Angelo Mattalino, MD in Phoenix, AZ. We can discuss the treatment with you in greater detail. Contact us today for a consultation.